How to reheat your Popeyes/Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwiches the RIGHT way
Living in the city, I don’t get to go to these fast-food restaurants as much as I want to so when I do go, I make sure to get a few extras for home to eat later. This never worked great before I found out the right way to reheat the sandwiches because just throwing it into the microwave straight up disappoints. Bread gets soft and chicken loses its juice so the experience gets degraded significantly.
Instead, the right way is to follow the instructions below. Trust me, it will taste like it just came out of the kitchen.
- First, keep the sandwich bags around. You’ll need them later. If you are throwing those sammies into the fridge, throw em in their bags.
- When the time comes to reheat them, seperate all the parts. Bread, chicken, and the pickes.
- Bread: Toast the bread. Make it warm enough.
- Chicken: Oven is better but microwave works too. Even when microwaving don’t forget to flip the chicken halfway. I usually do 1:30min in the microwave high or 2-3 mins in the oven 350F.
- Pickles: Don’t do anything. They are not supposed to be warm.
- Finally, reassemble the sandwich in its bag! Wait for 10-12 minutes for the heat levels to even out. This is key and has been so frustrating to deal with before I found the right way. You never want some parts of your sammy to be warmer than others.